- GOV ROLES RESPONSIBILTY 18 19 2
- CES Code of conduct
- Register of Governors Business Pecuniary Interests 2018 2019
- FULL GOVERNING BODY
- Model Governor Code of Conduct 2016
About Us Governors
Welcome to St Edward’s Catholic Junior School Governor Page.
On behalf of the governing body I would like to welcome you to the St Edward’s Governor page.
The governors of St Edward’s are enthusiastic and committed. We are dedicated to school improvement, and work closely with the school to improve outcomes for all pupils. We are uncompromising in our ambition for the school.
Governors are trained volunteers. The majority of our governors are foundation governors appointed by the Bishop of Northampton. The rest of the governing body is made up of representatives of key stakeholders, elected parents, staff and the local authority. This helps ensure the governing body has sufficient experience and diversity of views and skills.
The role of the Governing Body is key to the effectiveness of the school and operates at a strategic level. Its key functions are to:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure it is money well spent
Governors are particularly interested to hear the views of all our stakeholders. Please feel free to contact us by email. We would particularly like to thank all the parents and carers for their continued support of our school. We would also like to thank all the staff for their hard work and dedication. We also recognise the valuable support of the Friends of St Edwards who contribute to the school in many ways.
Chair of Governors