Roles & Responsibilities
The role of the Governing Body is key to the effectiveness of the school and operates at a strategic level. Its key functions are to:
- Set the aims and objectives of the school
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- Monitor and evaluate the progress that the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- Be a source of support and challenge to the Head Teacher; sometimes known as a critical friend.
The Head Teacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the Governing Body.
Please click here to view each Governors role and responsibility.